"The rise and fall of this camp is up to you”
CampMaster’s Booklet

Honestly, I was really excited. I packed up and waited for Ardini and Puteri (CampMasters that I haven’t met in real life fyi but they’ve decided to pick me up (‘: I MEAN HOW CAN STRANGERS BE SO NICE?) and off to Yayasan Peneraju office for one final briefing with the organizers and CampMasters before the real deal rolling in.


I’m amazed with the fact that most CampMasters are total strangers and surprisingly, we all can get along really well. Dude, to work with someone you don’t know is a challenge! Finally, after Jumaat prayer, we were all ready to get rolling!


The riddle for the Campers were given by the @englishjer the night before;

“Dear Campers, your first task for #EJcamp is to solve this riddle & find us tomorrow. See you across *American royalty. Good luck.” 


THEY MANAGE TO SOLVE THE RIDDLE AWWYEAHH.

*across the Burger King.


Off we go! Some of CampMasters are needed to be there earlier than the Campers in order to check out the place and everything.

The moment we reached the Nur Laman Bestari camp site, my phone’s line were gone (most of us, I think) and the place was mindblowing.



Tell your teammates any 3 facts that consist of 2 truthful facts and 1 deceitful fact about yourself and they have to guess which one is true or false. Discovering your teammates, eh? I kid you not, the facts from my teammates that I’m getting were unexpected. FINALLY A MOVIE SESSION!

Well not really a movie session since the outdoor activity coach, Pak Long has to brief something so that everyone is mentally and physically ready for the outdoor activities sessions. A bit time consuming but it was a fruitful briefing.





While the movie (Dead Poets Society) was playing on the screen, the CampMasters and Campers finally meeting up and getting to know each other and also discuss on their essays.



One of the main objectives of #EJcamp is to help out the campers developing their essays (If I were Education Minister For a Year). 

The Campers were signed up into pairs for each CampMasters. Interestingly, most of the pairs have different views and points from each other. This will help them to get more pumped up discussing their perspectives. 

Of course, essays are not only our main concern, the main idea was to get everyone (by everyone, Campers and CampMasters and even the coach. yes, everyone) to be motivated, to be inspired to learn new things and continue learning as knowledge is never-ending.

In my case, my campers were amazing! Even though I’m pretty awkward at first (an awkward potato to be exact) but we managed to discuss not only about the essay, we did discuss about the education system, culture, fine arts, animals and after a while, a CampMaster Aika requested to join in. The more, the merrier! and I remember one of the Campers mentioned how he loves the culture of freedom. It took us quite some time and it ended pretty late.

Most of us decided to call it a day as the next day will be a long day!



(But some of us had a campfire after that without telling us that they’re planning to have one :( lol)


Original post: EJCAMP, DAY 1